Positive Attitude Affects Business
I am going to ask you to something very weird right now. First of all, I want you to listen to your thoughts. Now tell me, what thoughts fill your head? Would you label them as positive, or negative?
Creative Thinking Helps Solve Problems
How many times have you caught yourself saying that there could be no other solution to a problem and that that problem leads to a dead end? How many times have you felt stumped knowing that the problem laying before you is one you cannot solve. No leads. No options. No solutions.
10 Ways To Positive Thinking was what I began to reflect due to recent events. In our world today, there were reports of people taking their own lives simply because they could not take it anymore. The recent Boston Marathon shook the world. What was supposed to be a happy and annual celebration for many years turned into one disastrous scene. We have our Philippine boxers who all before were all full of honor and glory in the past years. Today like dominoes, one by one began to falter. For a person to be aware of events, there are times when one’s positive thinking gets crumpled. Here are 10 Ways To Positive Thinking:
Positive Thinking #1. Take Good Care of Yourself
It’s much easier to be positive when you are eating well, exercising, and getting enough rest.
Positive Thinking #2. Remind Yourself of the Things You Are Grateful
For Stresses and challenges don’t seem quite as bad when you are constantly reminding yourself of the things that are right in life. Taking just 60 seconds a day to stop and appreciate the good things will make a huge difference.
Positive Thinking #3. Look for the Proof Instead of Making Assumptions
A fear of not being liked or accepted sometimes leads us to assume that we know what others are thinking, but our fears are usually not reality. If you have a fear that a friend or family member’s bad mood is due to something you did, or that your co-workers are secretly gossiping about you when you turn your back, speak up and ask them. Don’t waste time worrying that you did something wrong unless you have proof that there is something to worry about.
Positive Thinking #4. Refrain from Using Absolutes
Have you ever told a partner “You’re ALWAYS late!” or complained to a friend “You NEVER call me!”? Thinking and speaking in absolutes like ‘always’ and ‘never’ makes the situation seem worse than it is, and programs your brain into believing that certain people are incapable of delivering.
Positive Thinking # 5. Detach From Negative Thoughts
Your thoughts can’t hold any power over you if you don’t judge them. If you notice yourself having a negative thought, detach from it, witness it, and don’t follow it.
Positive Thinking # 6. Squash the “ANTs”
In his book “Change Your Brain, Change Your Life,” Dr. Daniel Amen talks about “ANTs” – Automatic Negative Thoughts. These are the bad thoughts that are usually reactionary, like “Those people are laughing, they must be talking about me,” or “The boss wants to see me? It must be bad!” When you notice these thoughts, realize that they are nothing more than ANTs and squash them!
Positive Thinking # 7. Practice Lovin’, Touchin’ & Squeezin’ (Your Friends and Family)
You don’t have to be an expert to know the benefits of a good hug. Positive physical contact with friends, loved ones, and even pets, is an instant pick-me-up. One research study on this subject had a waitress touch some of her customers on the arm as she handed them their checks. She received higher tips from these customers than from the ones she didn’t touch!
Positive Thinking # 8. Increase Your Social Activity
By increasing social activity, you decrease loneliness. Surround yourself with healthy, happy people, and their positive energy will affect you in a positive way!
Positive Thinking #9. Volunteer for an Organization, or Help another Person
Everyone feels good after helping. You can volunteer your time, your money, or your resources. The more positive energy you put out into the world, the more you will receive in return.
Positive Thinking #10. Use Pattern Interrupts to Combat Rumination
If you find yourself ruminating, a great way to stop it is to interrupt the pattern and force yourself to do something completely different. Rumination is like hyper-focus on something negative. It’s never productive, because it’s not rational or solution-oriented, it’s just excessive worry. Try changing your physical environment – go for a walk or sit outside. You could also call a friend, pick up a book, or turn on some music.
When it comes to the corporate world, protocol is pretty much the religion. To know the things needed to do are the basics of productivity, but interaction and having a steady mind makes up the entire thing to true productivity. There are those who seem to work well even under pressure, but they’re uncommon ones and we are human and imperfect. To get these little things like stress under our skins won’t solve our problems. Sometimes it takes a bit of courage to admit that we’re turning to be workaholics than tell ourselves that we’re not doing our best.
Investing Mistakes to Avoid
You may have had experienced making a few investing mistakes. It is okay. As we always learn from people the only way to learn is by a mistake. There are however big mistakes you absolutely must avoid if you are to be a successful entrepreneur. Let me cite an example, the biggest investing mistake that you could ever make is to not invest at all, or to put off investing until later.
I heard many motivational speakers who often encourage to make money grow. There was a story of a retired executive who after working for 36 years earned a huge amount. He literally rose from the rank and file. The company was his first and last job. He refused to touch his money. He was afraid of committing investing mistakes. This was caused by what happened to his former superior who retired much earlier. Accordingly that retiree made terrible investing mistakes. The entire amount was handed over to a nephew who was connected with a bank. Unfortunately the bank collapsed and was closed. The victim upon learning suffered a massive heart attack.
I am sure you are wondering what he is doing with his money? He withdrew all the amount and kept the cash under his possession. Literally he acquired the habit of lying down on his money! Everyday he would get all and lay one by one on his living room. Listens to classical music, reads all the newspapers and takes a nap. He refuses to commit investing mistakes.
Well the basic needs of he and his wife are all taken cared for by the their three married children.
While not investing at all or putting off investing until later are big investing mistakes, investing before you are in the financial position to do so is another big mistake. Here are practical tips :
1. Get your current financial situation in order first, and then start investing. Get your credit cleaned up, pay off high interest loans and credit cards, and put at least three months of living expenses in savings. Once this is done, you are ready to start letting your money work for you.
2. Don’t invest to get rich quick. Recently we were astonished by another scam which rocked the Philippines. People from all walks of life from a tricycle driver, retirees, policemen and big entrepreneurs were fooled in the quick rich scam. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it! Instead, invest for the long term, and have the patience to weather the storms and allow your money to grow. Only invest for the short term when you know you will need the money in a short amount of time, and then stick with safe investments, such as certificates of deposit.
3. Don’t put all of your eggs into one basket. Investing mistakes begin by placing all in one form of investment. This is the most dangerous form of investing. Scatter it around various types of investments for the best returns. Explore and learn other forms of investing. This may be like getting into a franchise business. There are stock markets which offer tutorial and may be done online. Also, don’t move your money around too much. Let it ride. Pick your investments carefully, invest your money, and allow it to grow – don’t panic if the stock drops. If the stock is a stable stock, it will go back up.
4. A common mistake that a lot of people make is thinking that their investments in collectibles will really pay off. I see people investing on jewelries. The excuse is it is a form of investment. However if the worst scenario come, attachment to jewelries is difficult. Again, if this were true, everyone would do it. Don’t count on your comic collection or your book collection to pay for your retirement years! Count on investments made with cold hard cash instead.
Where are you going to invest? You have options before you:
1. Lie on your money
3. commit investing mistakes
Remember we all worked hard. Definitely we need to enjoy what we have earned.